Flowers and Oranges
Buy This Art Print At AllPosters.com
La Belle Cuisine - More Cookie Recipes
Fine Cuisine with Art Infusion
"To cook is to
create. And to create well...is an act of integrity, and faith."
“Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.”
~ Robert Fulghum
Recipe of the Day Categories:
Your patronage of our
affiliate partners supports this web site. We
The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook
by Julee Rosso, Sheila Lukins, Sarah Leah Chase, 1985, Workman Publishing
"Anyone with memories of making butter and
cinnamon tarts with their
mother's leftover pie dough will enjoy these. This is a
with plenty of ground almonds and zesty orange."
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
9 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold cut into pieces
1 tablespoon (or as needed) water
2 cups ground almonds
2/3 cup granulated sugar, plus additional for coating
2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1. Process the flour, confectioner's sugar, and butter in a food
processor fitted with a steel blade until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
2. Add the egg, and, with the machine running, add 1 tablespoon
water by drops just until the dough starts to gather into a ball. Do not overprocess.
3. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
4. Place the almonds, 2/3 cup granulated sugar, orange zest and
almond extract if the food processor. Process to a coarse paste.
5. Divide the dough in half and roll out each half on a floured
surface into a rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Sprinkle the almond filling evenly over the
dough rectangles. Using a rolling pin, press the filling firmly into the dough. Roll up
the dough like a jelly roll, starting from a long edge and rolling as tightly as possible.
6. Freeze the rolls on trays for 15 minutes so that they will be
easier to slice.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Light grease cookie sheets.
8. Cut the rolls with a sharp knife into 1/4-inch slices and place
on the cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
9. Immediately remove the cookies to wire racks to cool. When
cooled to room temperature, roll each cookie in a shallow bowl of granulated sugar to coat
evenly. Makes 4 dozen cookies.
- Cookie Recipe Archives
Recipe Archives Index