patronage of our affiliate
partners supports this web site.
We thank you! In other words, please shop at LBC
Gorman, R. C.
Buy at AllPosters.com
La Belle Cuisine
Cooking with Purpose
“These delicious tamales are not intended for the
Feast itself, but perfect for watching football!"
2 pounds masa harina (corn flour)
3 tablespoons paprika
3 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon sage
1 tablespoon cumin
3 tablespoons celery seeds
3 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 cups turkey or chicken
broth [or stock]
3/4 cup lard
1 1/2 pounds shredded cooked turkey
( more if needed)
small jar red pepper jelly
small can cranberry sauce
2 tablespoons butter
Salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste
One package corn husks
1. Go through the dried cornhusks, separate them and discard the silk; be careful since the husks are fragile when dry.
2. Place the first 4 ingredients of the filling in a skillet cook on medium
stirring until sauce and jelly have melted and coated turkey. Add salt,
pepper and chili powder to taste.
4. Soak husks in warm water 30 minutes. pour off water cover.
5. In a large bowl, beat the lard with a tablespoon of the broth until fluffy. Combine the masa with all dry ingredients stir in the lard mixture,
adding broth as necessary to form a spongy dough.
6. Spread the dough out over the corn husks to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness. Place one tablespoon of the meat filling into the center. Fold the sides
of the husks in toward the center and place in a steamer. Steam for
Featured Archive Recipes:
Authentic Mexican Beef or
Corona Ranch Chili con
Little Pork Tamales with
Red Chile Sauce
Index - Main Dish Recipe Archives
Daily Recipe Index
Recipe Archives Index